GIVE YOUR LINKEDIN PROFILE A 15-Minute MAKEOVER
If you want to elevate yourself and advance your Hilton career, it’s vital that you portray the right image on LinkedIn. So here are the Hilton Careers team’s top tips to boost your LinkedIn presence in as little as 15 minutes.
1. KEEP THE BASICS UP TO DATE
An out-of-date LinkedIn profile can often be a red flag for potential connections. Here are some quick and easy ideas to ensure you’re selling your personal brand effectively.
- Ensure your company name is set as “Hilton” to adhere to current branding.
- Ensure your contact details and location are accurate.
- Add any noteworthy accomplishments to your current role
2. USE A PROFESSIONAL-LOOKING PHOTO
Did you know LinkedIn profiles with a photo are 11 times more likely to be viewed? It’s also important to choose a professional-looking photo that’s appropriate for your audience.
- Make sure your photo is current and looks like you.
- Reflect your personality.
- Your face should take up at least 60% of the frame.
- Dress appropriately for the camera.
3. Add a Hilton Branded Cover Photo
Share your love for hospitality, travel, and adventure with a Hilton branded cover photo to help you stand out from the crowd.
- Differentiate yourself and Hilton.
- Use the power of Hilton’s brands to showcase yourself.
- Inspire candidates to check us out.
We have a selection of inspiring cover photos for you to use, from beach resorts to cityscapes.
4. BE CREATIVE WITH YOUR HEADLINE
Your headline is the first thing someone reads about you. It’s your one chance to entice people to read your full profile. So make it count:
- Go beyond highlighting your current position and company.
- Share your passion, expertise, and ambition.
- Mention any recent, notable awards.
- Tell everyone on LinkedIn who you are and why they should connect with you.
5. WRITE A PASSIONATE SUMMARY
Your summary is your opportunity to grab attention and sell yourself to potential connections, as well as expand upon your headline.
- Tell your unique story.
- Highlight your specialism and experience.
- Talk about noteworthy accolades.
- How do you collaborate/lead?
- Use simple language and avoid meaningless jargon.
6. BE SMART WITH KEYWORDS
Think about who you want to connect with and why. Using the right keywords will expose you to more potential connections and opportunities. What words might they search for?
- Include relevant keywords in your headline and summary.
- Add any specialist areas to your job title, e.g. “Marketing Executive and Social Media Specialist”.
- Mention any interests that are topical and that you might have in common with your audience.
- Don’t overdo it. Ensure you use natural language.
7. Add Media to Showcase Hilton
It’s a good idea to add media to your profile, and promoting Hilton’s culture, mission and purpose is an easy win.
- Create a positive image of both Hilton and yourself.
- You can add videos, awards, and articles to your Summary and Experience.
- Promoting charity or community work is a good place to start.
- Show the world that we are the “Best of the Best”.
8. Download Lobby Buzz
A LinkedIn profile is more than just an online CV. It’s an opportunity to have a two-way dialogue with your network. So don’t be a spectator and start sharing relevant content.
- Download the Lobby Buzz app and you can start sharing Hilton news, updates and team member articles directly to LinkedIn.
- Add your own point of view when sharing to initiate discussion.
- Submit your own stories to the Lobby Buzz team to develop your personal brand.
9. Engage Your Audience
Establish yourself as an expert in your field by building connections and keeping them engaged.
- Join groups relevant to your skills and industry.
- Ask for recommendations and share endorsements.
- Write articles and generate discussion.
- Speak from the heart and add humor when appropriate.
- Join the conversation by commenting on posts.